Thursday, April 14, 2011

Body, Mind & Soul - Sunday

I feel gross. I feel tired. I feel fat. I am run down and burnt out. These are all feelings I've had the past few weeks. I had a milestone birthday recently, and I didn't really feel like I had the energy to enjoy it. The past few weeks have been rough.

Anyway I've been doing some reflecting and I know I am not living up to my potential.

Today we were driving home and it occurred to me I might be anemic with that time of the month coming up and the exhaustion I've been feeling. So we grabbed some In and Out burgers, I got a double double for the first time, and it was good and I was more energetic but I also felt really gross. The grease, I can feel it, but I think the iron helped.

I think I need to reflect more. I need to change what I've been doing, slowly. I didn't get like this overnight. I saw my post from last year, Naked, and I've gained 10 pounds since then.

Real change has to start with the body, then mind, then soul, and maybe skip around a bit. So this is the first post of all 3 topics. I plan on writing and reflecting more on these topics.

So I think I'll start Sunday. Sundays I will post. That's only 52 Sundays in a year. We will see. I know I'm terrible with finishing and following through. I should use the blog post as a time to reflect on what I'm doing and what I want to do. To address my mind, body and soul the way I want to. To become the person I want to be, instead of someone else.

Plus, the sun is like the beginning of things. The light and the start of life. It's our closest star. I sort of want to treat this part of the blog like that. Let's give it a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment