Sunday, April 24, 2011

2nd Sunday

Happy Easter All!

My 2nd Sunday post. So the past week in an attempt to eat healthy 70/30, 70 being bad and 30 being good, I think I did ok. Some days I was closer to 90/10 and some days 60/40 so maybe it evens out. One new unexpected development was the creation of a standing desk.

One of my coworkers was talking about how people who sit the majority of their day, no matter how much they exercise after work, still had raised risk of heart disease than people who stood or walked the majority of their day. It got me to start standing at my desk, typing and working standing up. It started halfway through Tuesday. At first they were making a bit of fun of me, but then I got 2 other coworkers in the office to set-up their desk to "standing" position. We recently moved our stuff temporarily for new carpet, so we had some extra boxes lying around, and we fashioned some raised monitors, keyboards and mice. Friday I was very tired and sat for half the day, but Wednesday-Thursday was standing most of the day.

It was an unexpected development. My knees and feet hurt, and I shift around a lot, but overall it's increased my energy levels and feels better. I can dance at my desk which is fun but I need to make sure no one is watching. I don't feel overly tired at the end of the day. Sometimes I lean on my arms which is probably good "exercise" too.

Anyway that's last week. I'm going to try to keep the 70/30 healthy food ratio. I'm also going to continue standing at my desk more often. On top of that, I want to buy a large water bottle and try to drink one full one every day. That will be this week's experiment. I've eaten a ton of bad stuff because of that time of the month, as well as Easter feasts :) So I'll admit, it hasn't been the best start. So we'll see how it goes.

Next week I will post my weight. I predict it won't be good, but we'll see. Next week are my finals and after that hopefully I can have more time for gym and such. Maybe I'll do a bit of exercise while watching tv now. Hum? Maybe.

Photo from http://fatpets.net/2010/fat-bunny/

No comments:

Post a Comment