Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Naked


Recently I was looking in the mirror, and I weighed myself, and realized that I had gained about 5 lbs since the last time I checked. That was nearly a month ago, before all the fuss and stress of home stuff was in the works. But I've been out of shape and not very healthy for quite awhile now.

I got some perspective end of 2007/beginning of 2008. I decided to start taking care of myself, so I focused on body, mind and soul and started exercising and eating healthy. I was doing really really well. Started out at almost 150lbs, and after about a year I was eating tons of fruits and veggies, could run for up to 30-50 minutes and lost about 25 lbs, averaging 125lbs for my 5'4" body. Then real-life happened, some issues came up, and I started gaining the weight again, but more importantly, I started picking up my bad habits of eating badly and not exercising.

I'm all about "healthy", not about thin. So now that things have started settling down with the house, I've decided it's time to start getting back into my healthy habits. Now that we have our own home and our own kitchen, I can finally control the foods we eat and concentrate on getting the healthy stuff in our system. Also, this morning was the first morning in a long series to get back into shape. I woke up early and went for a walk. It wasn't a hard walk, it was rather easy, but it was a good step in the right direction. I was a bit tired/sleepy on the drive into work today, but I've had a morning workout routine before and if I can keep it up, it'll be a big help to my health and my sanity in the long run.

So, this is the beginning of my health diary. I kept one when I was unemployed and was very successful at being healthy. But now that I have a job, and all the work and stress that goes with it, a personal journal isn't cutting it. So now, I'm going to post it online. One factor they say to help with healthiness - is to be accountable. So if I post online, I know I'll be accountable for my actions and their results. Plus I can share some wisdom and success/failures of my health journey.

Some words on weight: It's a reflection of your lifestyle. Losing weight shouldn't be the goal, but it's an indication of how healthy your body is. That's my perspective, and although weight loss is not my goal, it's a perk of being healthy, getting muscle and being fit. It's also a good measurement for how well you're doing. When I was being very "good", I lost weight. When I wasn't being good - it tended to stick around or gain. So that is why I'm listing my weight on here. As a general indication of progress. I also plan on listing other aspects of physical well being, but we'll come to that when we get there.

Weight - 133lbs

Not bad, but not great. The goal is to be fit, healthy and well - awesome. More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment