Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tea


In my quest to be healthier, I've decided to switch out my daily coffee for tea. My usual coffee drink was a packet of hot cocoa, half a cup of coffee, a creamer of hazelnut and a creamer of french vanilla, and half a cup of warm water to cool off the concoction. No doubt there are tons of unnecessary calories in that, but it was my warm comfort drink at work in the mornings. Now I switch to tea, knowing tea has just as much caffeine, is overall proven to be healthier, and as a loyal iced tea drinker, should be a manageable change.

I think the thing I miss most about coffee is the flavor and the texture. Mind you I had mostly hot cocoa and sweet stuff in there. But I also enjoyed the thickness and warmth it gave me first thing in the morning. Tea is so watery. I still drink coffee occasionally, but it's a good switch for the calories, the sugar and the health. I drink straight tea, no sugar or cream, and have 1-2 cups a day, alternating between black and green teas.

Anyway I found this cute product while searching for a tea photo. It's a Penguin Tea Timer. Also here is an article on how tea is good for you - 33 Health Benefits of Drinking Tea

Drink up and cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute!

    I drink tea a lot, but I drink it the British way with cream and sugar. Black tea with cream and sugar is an amazing alternative to coffee - and I love it. But it's not so much "healthier."

    ReplyDelete