Thursday, May 27, 2010

Motivation

Why do I want to be healthy? It's important to know this when you start, so you can think of it on those days you really want to sleep in, be lazy and don't want to be motivated.

I once wrote down the pros and cons of working out and eating healthy, and found the pros far outweighed the cons, and so were important in my daily routine and thinking about health. Below are a few.

Cons
Bad food tastes great.
I'm lazy, tired and not in the mood to workout.
My tv show is on.
I don't want to spend the time doing it.

Pros
Better health against heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Sexier feeling and looking.
Builds strength and energy for myself.
Feeling better.
Compliments from friends and fewer criticisms from family.
Being athletically superior.

They also say "imagine yourself" at your goal. I want to be sexy :) No matter what with kids, or grandkids, I always wanted to be a sultry and sexy older woman. Not necessarily a Cougar, but one of those women you meet, where you're like "wow she takes good care of herself". A woman full of charisma, emotionally balanced, smart and sassy. So my inspiration may have to be Lucille (Carla Gugino) in Sin City. In fact any woman from Sin City is pretty much an awesome badass that I'd like to emulate one day. Just oozing with an inner toughness yet gentleness. Or possibly Angelina Jolie, but that's too easy and too common. Maybe a character like Catherine Zeta Jones in Zorro. I also love the classic elegance of Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.

Anyway, just a few photos and women that are inspirational below.

Tough & Sassy - Carla Gugino in Sin City



Classy & Quirky - Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face


The one below being my favorite photo of Sophia Lauren by Alfred Eisenstaedt, during a break from filming.


I hope one day to be that beautiful.

Below, a little something by Audrey Hepburn. Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment