Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mis-Matched

Our condo has a few quirks that are worth sharing. Mainly mismatching that I find charming. I actually hate anything that matches too much. If husband and I accidentally wear the same colors, we will joke about it and then promptly change if possible. For the most part, I believe there's good in variety and it adds spice to life.

After we moved in, we noticed that with some doors, one doorknob is silver and the other one is gold. It's kinda cool and bizarre actually. Our kitchen cabinet knobs are also a variation of gold and silver. Reminds me of the Girl Scout rhyme "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold".



Not so cute mismatches - some of our bathroom tiles are old and some are new. The old ones are hidden behind the master bathroom, so we didn't notice it til we started cleaning.

We bought a lot of black furniture - barstools, bookcases and couch. A lot of our old furniture is brown. We have a brown dining table, and we got cheap black Ikea chairs with red cushions. We also have a black couch and brown coffee table. I actually love the mismatched look of it.

So overall, just a commentary on matching. Just because things are different, doesn't mean they don't match up :)

2 comments:

  1. I love things to match 90% of the time. In fact, I often drive Sean crazy with my desire to have even numbers of things like bowls. But I also love random, unique stuff like frames and knick knacks and rugs, etc.

    I would definitely swap out those door handles, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're keeping the door handles :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete