Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lia Sophia

Friend A had a Lia Sophia jewelry party. To the detriment of my homework and savings I went and had good old fashioned girl fun! We had a lovely sales lady who was fun to hang out with and wasn't at all overbearing, obnoxious or pushy (like other similar buying parties I've been to). She was nice and the jewelry was just fun to try on and play dress up. Best or worst of all - I liked a lot of things! Anyway bought 3 pieces which I'm looking forward to getting. I'm even thinking of hosting a party, hum....

I think the funnest part though, was just hanging out with the girls. I've been blogging more and as a result reflecting and writing and thinking more about stuff. I think that girl time has been seriously missing from my life! I am surrounded by testosterone at work & home, and am not at all girly girl so I think I've been more girly as a reaction/result of all the male-ness in my life. I've been into fashion, hair, nails, gossip mags, pink stuff and other uncharacteristically girly stuff. Friend A always organizes these great girls night things that I don't go to as much because I'm tired after work or have a paper due or something. I really need to start going and really spending more girl time!

That evening also got to hang out with long lost friend L who I haven't seen or talked to in a long long time. We're both swamped at our jobs, her especially, but it was really good to hang out with her too. I learned to vent some of my frustrations and it helped! It was also great to be around a kindred soul who got excited and girly about the same things I did.

Girl bonding time and girl power! Lovely way to spend my Saturday. Thank you ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you had as much fun as I did. :-) If you want to host one, I'm sure Rebecca would be happy to come, and I'll definitely go! I really miss hanging out with you, so I'm glad you had time to come!

    ReplyDelete