Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Boob Tube

Watched The Artist movie silent film last night. Wow, long and drags but innovative and daring for trying it. Halfway through the movie we watched it on the slow fast forward & it was better. They sort of beat the dead horse over and over and over with the theme. I admire the movie stuff that went into making it. I wouldn't ever watch again and wasn't blown away or super impressed. Mainly bored and it felt long and formulaic. Hero is loved, has downfall, falls for girl, girl rescues him, he has pride & comes to terms, climax of drama, all is well. I guess not so formulaic. Just too long & we get it - it's a modern silent film. Eh. Give me Die Hard.

Though the more I think about The Artist, the more I'm appreciating it. There's this one cool part, my favorite where the new girl is dissing the older silent movies and she says "make way for the young and new", as in the talkies. The Artist is visibly upset, gets up, gestures & says " go ahead, we've made way for you" sort of really cool what happened there. Sorry if you're reading this & it's not making much sense. I'm trying to blog more too.

Anyway - Tonight I watched Gossip Girl for the first time while husband drafted for fantasy football. Surprisingly deliciously junky and addictive. A bit too much soap opera for me but I like the scenery, clothes and scenes of NY. I think I'm just attracted to NY shows. Just finished watching 3 seasons of White Collar on Netflix. I should try to watch Sex & the City.

I just want to move there sometimes and think I would fit right in, eating out all the time, in the city walking or public transit everywhere. I did love living in HK - Hong Kong.

My ramblings for the day. Apologies or I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment