Monday, August 27, 2012

A case of the Mondays

Like I said, I haven't been feeling well lately, and I'm almost running over with my vacation time (first time ever), so I had today off, and it was quite magical.

Started off with Yoga Meditation, suggested by husband :) There's a place called Yoga Nook across the street that I got some classes for. The meditation class was free and really quite lovely. It felt like therapy. The lady was super nice and asked how I liked the class. I said it was great but it's like I feel like my life is super toxic sometimes, and going to meditation is like being in rehab, it's great while I'm there, but as soon as I'm in the real world again I feel like I need help sticking to my positive-ness and good healthy lifestyle. Anyway I'll go to those classes when I can, they help.

Then I went to Yoga 1&2 next class which I used my card for. It was beginner/intermediate and the teacher was a bit apprehensive I couldn't keep up (I was too). Luckily I did and I did well so it was good. Went home, didn't think I was tired but I totally was and knocked out for about an hour nap. Then had lunch, watched some comedy as I need lighter stuff in my life. Then cleaned bathroom & kitchen, waited for husband, and had a nice evening stroll, walked to Chi-Chi's a local Italian place, date night, and walked home. We had a really nice walk and chat. I felt like myself and I feel like I'm smiling again and unwound for the first time in a long time.

Date night was fun. Sometimes waiters don't realize when you need refills so I did this tonight and will continue to do it from now on :)


Now I'm sitting outside on the balcony, in front of my garden and my solar string lights, and loving this view and this feeling. Blogging, saying hello to everyone, and letting people in.

Oh - Congrats on your trip planning A! I've been reading your stuff and pins and sounds super exciting. I know you'll have a blast!

And L - MISS YOU! We need to go to Yoga together! Support your local Yoga Nook and we should do girls night and do Yoga.

And Thank You husband for an unexpectedly romantic and goofy evening.

Live in the now, breath deep, and carry this feeling into the next few days. Labor Day weekend is action packed with wedding/engagement/birthday stuff, and I pray this week at work is good.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for relaxing! And for date nights and feeling like yourself and yoga and days off work. And thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete