Monday, March 11, 2013

Theory

I have a theory. It came from a conversation with a coworker. She said she noticed I lost weight and asked what I've been doing to lose it. I did notice I had a lot less belly fat. That was weird. I've never lost belly fat with my losing weight. Usually it stays on or is the last to go. Now it's gone sooner - and I haven't lost that much weight. It's like my belly fat is burning at the same rate the rest of my weight loss is going.

Then I thought that my diet & exercise haven't been that drastic, but I had been meditating, stress relieving and letting go - working out my stress instead of holding it in.

That got me thinking. I saw this documentary on hormones. Some people with chemical imbalances (runs in my family), when they get stressed, actually release a ton more of the stress chemical cortisol, so they have these unusual extreme reactions to stress. Thats sort of how depression & such kick in. I feel like sometimes i have extreme health reactions like i get sick or i really take it hard when i get stressed. Sometimes its just chemical. Cortisol puts the body into panic mode - making it store fat in your belly. Stress making you fat - giving you a belly.

Low stress, less cortisol, more hormonal balance, more normal weight loss with exercise & diet.

It's just a theory, but I think that my stress relief meditation and "letting go" mentally of stress has seriously helped me stop storing belly fat. It's like my body is learning to be healthy & stopped storing needlessly.

Anyway I'm going to keep everything up. With the time change its a lot harder waking up early but I'm giving it a go tomorrow AM. Keep up meditating, keep healthy eating & regular exercise - mainly walking for a long time.

It's not about losing weight, it's about being healthy. I would rather be fatter & healthier than thinner & not as healthy. Anyway, am hoping :) interesting theory I think. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment