Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sewing!

Hi. Haven't been blogging. Been busy. One awesome thing that's taken my time is sewing. I got a sewing machine from an aunt recently and it hung out in the box awhile. Then in between homework I wanted to see if I could figure out how it worked. I did!!!

I started sewing scraps & felt just to try it out. It's an incredibly thrilling feeling to figure out how something works and making something you enjoy. A definite happy thought.

I made some drawstring bags. Husband got the Marvel ones I made as lunch bags. The others were experiments with piping, felt & ribbon.

It's pretty awesome. Went with mom & sister today to pick out fabrics & things they wanted. Sister wants a pillow with dinosaur print - so cute! My mom wants a half flannel half regular blue lap blanket so I made one. I think she wanted a full bed size blanket but I can't make that big yet. Sort of annoying but anyway.

That's been my new joyful work & addiction. Learning to make bags! So dangerous! :)

Alas, been so busy. Sad but with the holiday, I'm looking forward to the extra time off work to be able to work on school. It's very sad but at least the project is half interesting - building a librarian resource website, just takes a lot of time & work. * sigh. If I have a friend or 2 reading this - this is why I have no social life.

Anyway here's to joyful work. May I wish my future is filled with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment